Posts Tagged: educational
County Location: Fresno County
Date Posted: January 24, 2014
Closing Date: February 17, 2014
Under the general direction of the Center Director, and in collaboration with the other center directors, this position will develop and lead unique outreach programs for Kearney Agricultural, Lindcove and West Side Research and Extension Centers. The successful candidate will:
- Create and implement multimedia outreach and educational programs that highlight key agricultural topics stemming from the Centers.
- Lead public tours, school and family programs, lectures and K-12 science educational programs.
- Develop contacts for outreach programs.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
Outreach programs will include:
- Kearney: Develop an on-site K-12 program that teaches about farming and nutrition. Vines, berries, stone fruit, nuts, figs.
- West Side: Develop a K-12 program that goes to the schools and teaches about vegetables and nutrition. Winter vegetables, melons, onions, tomatoes, garlic.
- Lindcove: Develop a K-12 program that goes to the schools to teach about citrus varieties, citriculture and invasive pests.
For full consideration apply by 2/17/14 to req#20140027.